Membership in the Club is open to all legal residents of the United States 18 years or older with a satisfactory Virginia State criminal records check, and election by majority vote at a regular club meeting. Membership is conferred without regard to race, sex, religion, or country of origin.
Becoming a member of the Club the Club is easy. You will be considered a "prospective" member until ALL requirements of membership are completed, and your membership is accepted by vote of the Club members.
Until that time, you will not have individual access to our range, nor be eligible to vote at Club Membership Meetings. To attend/participate in the required 3 events (step 6 below) you will be required to make arrangements with the appropriate Club Chairperson responsible for that event.
The steps to become a member are:
- An online Membership Application is available below. Open the form, complete, and submit with required documentation and payment per the instructions on the form. (see below).
- Send the application and required fees via U.S. Mail to the Membership Officer. Alternatively, you are encouraged to attend a Club meeting and personally submit your fees and application.
- Be a member of The National Rifle Association. If you are not a member, or if you need to renew your membership, go to this website homepage, click the NRA link and complete or renew your NRA Membership where you will be extended the special rates reserved for club members.
- Prove that you are eligible to own and possess firearms by passing a Virginia State Police background check, or one of the alternatives as provided on the application
- Attend a mandatory Range Safety Orientation. Range Safety Orientations are held Wednesday and Sunday afternoons by appointment with our Range Safety Officer. Contact information is on the "3 Events Form" included as page 3 of the New Member Application. You may not proceed in the application process before this is completed.
- Attend three club events: Attendance at 3 club events is required prior to your nomination for membership. The event chair/coordinator must sign your form attesting to your attendance during the event, which upon completion must be submitted to the Membership Officer. This requirement of 3 events is to allow you to get to know the Club, it's members and allows the Club to get to know you.
- Upon completion of the above steps, your name will be place in nomination for membership at the next scheduled Club Membership meeting. Following your acceptance by a majority vote of those members in attendance, you will be eligible to receive your gate access membership card and enjoy the benefits of a full voting member of the Club.
To apply for membership, click this link for the application form.
(You will need Adobe Reader, which can be downloaded for free, in order to fill out the form. Type your information into the highlighted fields, print it, sign and date it and then bring it with you to a Club meeting.).
The Club supports and encourages the importance of safe firearm knowledge for the youth of our community by offering a special Youth Membership for those between the ages of 12 yrs and 17 yrs. Please contact a club Officer for complete information.
Regular Membership meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday monthly except November. The meetings are conducted at The Hills Quarter Community Center (Map), 723 Old Saint Johns Rd. Irvington Rd, in Kilmarnock, VA. Attendance at Club meetings is strongly encouraged however, not mandatory. The Club holds an annual dinner/meeting in November at a local restaurant.
Annual dues are as established by the club's executive board, currently (2017) $100 per year, payable the first of every calendar year. In addition, there is a one-time initiation fee of currently (2018) $300, but this is waived for spouses of members.
The club’s Annual Meeting of Members is held each February with the Election of Club Directors. All members in good standing are eligible to vote and to run for office.
Members may bring up to three guests per range visit. Members bringing guests are required to complete the Guest Sign In Form and are solely responsible for them during their visit, and MUST remain with the guests at all times.
For more information or if you would like to arrange a visit to the range, click here to contact us.