Due to the current virus situation the Club has instituted the following temporary Range Use Policy:
(per CDC Guidelines & LEGAL ADVICE)
RPRC Range Operations
During the COVID-19 Emergency
FACIAL COVERINGS: EFFECTIVE APRIL 6TH
ALL VISITORS TO RPRC RANGES ARE NOW ADVISED TO WEAR A CLOTH FACIAL COVERING AT ALL TIMES WHILE ON RPRC RANGES AS PER CDC & STATE GUIDELINES
UPDATES TO RPRC COVID-19 GUIDELINES EFFECTIVE APRIL 4th, 2020 -
CDC requests you voluntarily wear a cloth face mask when out in public. Especially when a 6-foot social distancing space may be interrupted. This is a voluntary guideline at this time.
CDC suggests the cloth so not to limit availability of disposable masks(n-95) for Medical Workers. The cloth masks are easy to make.
Upon review of Gov. Northam's Executive Order #55 by Counsel, RPRC Ranges should be able to remain open under the Guidelines as published and the additions/edits noted below.
- ALL visitors MUST maintain “Social Distancing” at all times.
- Membership meetings are continuing (2nd Tuesdays @ 7PM) at Hills Quarter Community Center. Face masks and Social Distancing practiced.
Please follow all COVID-19 Guidelines for RPRC. This will allow us to keep the Ranges Open and Operating. Copies of Gov. Northam's relevant Executive Orders available below:
Previous (below) 1st posted 3/26 in response to Gov. Northam's Executive Order #53 remains in effect.
RPRC has determined through
counsel that Governor Northam’s Executive Order #53 does not apply to private
outdoor shooting ranges. Accordingly,
the club’s outdoor shooting range will remain open subject to mandatory
social distancing rules.
For the duration of the global pandemic, the following rules apply to range use.
- Follow ALL Range Safety Rules!
- No groups larger than 10 persons. (Mandated by EO-53)
- Maintain Social Distancing of 6 feet.
- No Handshaking with each other at this time.
- No personal contact within 6 feet.
- Come to the ranges prepared to maintain personal cleanliness and space sanitation.
- Bring your own protection, cleaning solutions and products as we do not have soap and running water for range usage.
- Cleaning solutions must have a known disinfection to COVID-19 (Alcohol greater than 60%, Hand Sanitizers, some bleach mixtures for surface cleaning)
- Maintain the “Social Distancing” guidelines at the range and shooting positions. This can be achieved by only using every third shooting position for Rifles & Pistols. For the Shotgunners, watch to make sure the current, no closer than 6 foot, guidelines are followed.
- If you are sick, coughing, body aches, fever, DO NOT COME TO THE RANGE – contact your medical provider by phone for guidance.
- At this time, do not share firearms, ammo and any product or tool handed to each other as potential infection could pass on any of these products.
- It is your responsibility to prevent the spread of infections. Use proper Federal, State and Local guidelines with common sense to keep yourself and others healthy during this time.
- Keep up with current guidelines and rules from the Federal, State (Commonwealth) and Local Governments. If they mandate isolations or change activities, then abide by governmental guidance.
- Clean the space you used, including all door handles – locks – gates – machines, and yourself before getting in your vehicle and leaving the range. Prevent infection spread.
- Failure to abide by safety and cleanliness guidelines, set forth by CDC, the Commonwealth, local governments, and RPRC, may result in loss of rang privileges or closure of the entire facility for the duration of this COVID-19 Emergency.
We will continue to monitor the situation and reserve the right to revise these guidelines and our decision to keep the range open.
Together – we can still have fun shooting, be range safe and be infection control followers.